Thursday, November 11, 2010

Oh No! four loko don't go...


I have heard that the infamous put you on your tush 12% alcohol/energy drink is coming off the shelves in many states and may be banned in Georgia. After several recent reports of college students being sickened, the Chicago produced drink has been criticized for the large amount of caffeine,alcohol contents, and its high potency. It is unfortunate that the students ended up in the hospital after consuming the drink. However,I don't believe that the loko was the main problem,or the only drink consumed during these college gatherings. I must admit my first experience with the amid drink was very different. One sip and I was already buzzed. The fact of this drink being well mixed I was turned on to my second can in no time. The room was spinning,my shoes were off,car parked an keys hidden. I felt great,better than any bar mix of red bull in vodka or tequila and orange juice in the comfort of my own home. By the morning,I had the worst headache,sore case of dehydration,hang over ever,but I lived to go to work and resume other daily routines. Drinking isn't for everyone,if you don't know your tolerance level than it is definitely not for you. Any pro-adult drinker knows that binge drinking and mixing different beverages will get you to the bathroom quicker. The problem here is that these kids are abusing these drinks. If the Four Loko goes than farewell to many other drinks that have alcohol and other high amounts of caffeine including Earthquake,Joose,Mad Dog 20/20 and etc...Do you honestly believe that banning Four Loko would solve the problem? I don't but drinking responsible would.

No comments:

Post a Comment