Saturday, November 13, 2010

I love you like a fat kid loves cake,America at its fattest...

Way to go America!
We are finally the lead in a race with the other countries,a race at being the fattest. Please excuse yourself from the table. Let's talk seriously. We have become one of the laziest countries in the world. Our obesity is rapidly growing at a distasteful rate that may be caused by our lack of physical activity,huge portions of food, and technology that keeps us on the couch. Whats your excuse? I agree, we don't have an advantage in walking everywhere,as they do overseas.
However,that does not excuse us from walking at all. I see a vast majority of people in my neighborhood who live in walking distance to stores,work,school but still find another way other than walking .I mean we could walk to the mail box instead of drive or walk the trash to the dumpster.Yes! I walk every chance I get,yet this isn't about me its a problem for us all.

By the the end of this blog you should either be educated in how obesity is incorporated in our lifestyle and be ready to live healthy. Here's my story: I myself have been found guilty for my weight gain overtime. I was convinced to believe that eating foods labeled as fat free,low fat or diet is one way to shed pounds . Wrong, it added to it.In other cases, I have been suckered in taking weight loss pills that supposedly guarantee weight loss if exercises and proper intake of food is used with it. Absolutely not, those unnatural pills may be the cause of my relapsed diets and other peoples illnesses.

However, one thing that many of us fail to realize is that to lose weight does require little to no money. The key is understanding how many calories consumed and how many is burnt off. Balance.You may find that it is not what you eat but how you eat. Stop! I know what your thinking. The answer is no,this doesn't mean eat junk everyday. It is still imperative to have a well balanced diet because our bodies need certain nutrients to keep us stable.Exercising is another important factor in the weight loss process,it keeps you healthy. Lately, I have experienced a total lack of energy. Almost as if I were depressed.My work schedule has changed to overnight duty,whereas ,I am sleep during the day and up eating at night.My meal choice has been something quick and accessible including but not limited to: cake,popcorn,pasta,sweet tea,take out. I don't have time in between work to workout anymore.Unless,I drive 30 minutes away from home to run on a track,pay an outrageous fee to join a gym or ask the city to build some sidewalks. No matter what I choose to do there is one word for this,inconvenient.

Now do you see how easy it is for us to make excuses and add on to our frustration. Good. So you will believe what I say next. Many of us live quite a boring life. Work home,home work equals inactive. Spending more than 2 hours on homework,your computer or watching TV is no escape,instead it is an invitation for that bad sweet tooth and its hunger pain to sweep you of your feet and on the couch or bed you stay,while eating a big juicy,greasy,fatty burger with over salted fries...ewww gross. Wonder why? Due to the constant improvements with technology we have less physical responsibility and no reasons to leave the house,or lift a toe at work.

Really? I hear you. And you are right maybe you are not effected by any of these situations but I'm certain your the one that still consumes more calories than you use in a day and don't know where the weight gain is coming from. Nope,the dryer did not shrink your clothes. Ever think of those over sized portions you have on your plate? I won't lie, let a patron serve me a kids portion and call it a meal. I will flip out and afterwards still be hungry, in which I may binge eat.This issue is yet another reason we are working in the danger zone.

Point blank,we are spoiled by all of those juicy,mouth watering,yum yum good advertisements we see everywhere. Our grocery stores and there 10 for 10 deals are aiding us in believing more is better.Speaking of which,I must say I feel for you carnivores. I am a vegetarian and I know the healthier foods are quite pricey. I can nearly imagine what it costs to buy meat. I am not trying to discourage you or make more excuses as to why you eat the way you do because working in a grocery store; its no secret 75% of the customers buy junk food,sugary foods,and drinks. America we need help. Now that we know you can eat what you want,just less portions followed by physical activities, what do you think should be done to reverse our bad habits into healthier,leaner ones?

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment