Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Nothing is 100%...Homeland Security




Next...shoes off, belt off empty your pockets. Lately, there has been a bit off controversy of the safety screenings administered by Transportation Security Administration. The full body imaging machine is said to be more effective at detecting the smallest things that can be transported by any individual. I am under the impression that the debate is feeling violated and whether the images well be retained. Although, the process is quite agonizing, I believe as long as it is used to minimize any future terrorist attacks, it is a great idea. Honestly, the feeling of being a criminal is no different than attempting to withdraw money out of your own bank account without your identification. Try that if you haven't already and tell me how alienated you feel. One day, I went to withdraw money out of my personal account, unfortunately, I forgot my license. By the time I realized it was too late to turn around.I thought the tellers would remember me because I came there often. Wrong, so wrong. It took me approximately an hour worth of explaining, signing my name, thumb prints, answering questions regarding my residence and last transaction. After a while, I grew frustrated to see the people standing behind me were on their way out the door. In the essence, I am very pleased to know that anyone could not access my assets, just as anyone could not fly and blow up the plane, I or my loved ones board. Complainers, you can't get everything you want. You do have the option to go through the machine or the old fashion pat down, which isn't much better. If you don't agree, Amtrak and Greyhound is always available. That'll be better for us, cheaper flights.

So, readers you have my opinion. What is yours? Do you prefer the old pat down procedure or the machine? Also, do you feel Michael Chertoff, should have a say so after opposing it in 2008 and votes for it in 2009.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment