Saturday, January 22, 2011

Facebook is closing

Wrongfully stated!

As I tell my ten year old daughter,"Always do your research before you tell someone else something you heard or seen"?

Yesterday, I was told in a random conversation that Facebook will be closing by the end of this month.

Hmmm...

After hearing this devastating news all that I could think of was how on earth will I save all my pictures and when would I have time to do so.

As a firm believer of finding out the truth I had to do some searching. Thanks to Weekly World News, I and other Facebook lovers were on our way to being in cardiac arrest. The cock and bull story started after it's investment with Goldman-Sachs had been broadcasted. The rumor is Facebook is going to close on March 15,2011 because Mark Zuckerberg wants to return to a normal life. The guy is a billionaire he has the right to enjoy it. But this is not the case, not yet anyway.

WWN stated in a later blog that Goldman-Sachs wanted to Ban U.S. investment in Facebook and as the site closes mislead Asia and Europe investors by allowing them to think the website is still running so Goldman-Sachs can pocket their investments.

Well after doing a little investigation on this rumor myself, I can certainly assure you that this was a totally bogus rumor. We must be reminded that you should believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. This story is coming from a scandal sheet, we call a tabloid that writes stories about mutants,aliens,bat boy and other bogus rumors.

No comments:

Post a Comment